In my readings lately God has shown me how simple salvation really is and yet how complex He is. I guess He really knows us well! Boil it down for them or they’ll never get it. Give them a counselor to help them see. Reveal truth.
1) we are born with a sinful nature (no one has to teach you to do bad things – it comes all too naturally)
2) God is just and sin is costly. He can not and will not allow sin to go un-accounted for – the payment is the shedding of blood – death.
3) God knew we are incapable of living perfectly sinless lives. We are destined for death – eternal death -ALL of us. But because He loves us so much, and He desires that we have fellowship with Him; to be reconciled to Him – He found a remedy.
4) The remedy – God the Son – the 2nd person of the trinity – became flesh – a perfect, sinless lamb to be sacrificed once for all of us – for all of our sin -for all time.
5) To claim this payment for sin as your own – you must acknowledge your sin, your need for a savior, for Jesus Christ who died in your place to reconcile you to God. Acknowledge that He is the Son of God, and accept His death and resurrection as a gift – paid in full – freely given because God loves you.
Simple – accept the free gift – spend eternity in heaven with God. No degree required, no “work your way in” policy, no balloon payment for entry – just a pure, simple act of LOVE from God who cherishes you.
When you begin to study the Bible you will unfold God’s story. As you dig into the scriptures you will see how God has beautifully woven them, fashioned them, breathed them into TRUTH. The Living Word. It has mystery and power. Power to change lives, power to conquer death, power to unlock eternity in heaven – the keys to the kingdom. Simply complex – Complexly simple. Press on. Allow the Word to work within you.
1 Thessalonians 2:11 – 13 ..like a father with his children, we exhorted each one of you and encouraged you and charged you to walk in a manner worthy of God, who calls you into his own kingdom and glory. And we also thank God constantly for this, that when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as the word of men but as what it really is, the word of God, which is at work in you believers.